Application Deadline: 23/08/2019
The Peer Navigator programme is a unique and exciting volunteering opportunity in which you can complete an AQA certificate in Adolescent Mental Health, while gaining direct experience of supporting young people across Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
As a Peer Navigator you’ll be based within our OTR Hub which acts as a first point of contact for young people reaching out for support. You’ll be trained to deliver strengths-based conversations with young people with the goal of helping them to make informed choices regarding their wellbeing, while acknowledging their current strengths.
It is a six month programme designed to give you an insight into the theories, culture and therapeutic approaches present at OTR, which is ideal for anyone looking to get into the field of mental health and wellbeing.
The Peer Navigator induction will start with a three-day mental health bootcamp in September (5-7th September) that will equip you to start your volunteering role, covering OTR’s values and practice and how to have strengths-based conversations with young people.
- 4 hours a week of volunteering at one of our Hubs: Monday 3.30-7.30pm, Wednesday 3-6.30pm or Saturday 9.30am-1.30pm
- Attend the Mental Health Bootcamp – September 2019
- Attending monthly supervision group
- Attending one training day per month for six months – last Friday of the month
- Start date week commencing 02/09/2019
Please note you must be 18+ to apply for this role.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the post, please contact email@example.com