Application Deadline: 17/07/2020
Salary: £23,945 - £26,539 (pro rata)
Contract type: Fixed term to 31 March 2022
This is an exciting and new post at OTR that will grow and develop our existing program of volunteer therapists. As an experienced coordinator you will recruit, support and encourage the professional development of our volunteer therapists.
You will have knowledge of national standards, policies, and procedures relevant to this role including therapeutic professional bodies, safeguarding and risk assessment processes and experience of coordinating and delivering community based volunteer led projects to hard to reach young people.
This is a varied role and requires excellent organisational skills, a positive and flexible approach and an individual who is able to adapt to the needs of our volunteer therapists. You will be working collaboratively with staff across the organisation to further develop our volunteering programme and share it as an example of best practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The continuous development of OTR’s volunteer therapist programme;
- Creating and implementing a recruitment plan for volunteer therapists from diverse communities;
- Leading on the recruitment of volunteers;
- Maintaining volunteer records;
- Holding regular meetings with therapists to understand their current practice and development needs;
- Providing exit interviews for volunteers that builds on career aim and goals;
- Monitoring and evaluating activities for both internal reports and external reports required by therapist’s education providers.
Successful candidates will have a good understanding of the needs and issues that bring young people to therapy and a wide understanding of therapeutic approaches and models.
For more information about the role please download the job pack below.