You’ll find details of any current vacancies we have posted below. Whatever opportunity you’re interested in working at OTR is a hugely rewarding experience, and we invest heavily in the progression of all our staff and volunteers.
All appointments at OTR are made subject to an enhanced DBS check.
What is a young advisor?
Young Advisors represent the views of young people who use OTR services. They guide organisational decisions and help to make OTR a great place for young people to get support.
We are looking for people aged 16-25 who are passionate about getting theirs’ and their peers’ views heard by the organisation’s decision makers. Your aim would be ensuring OTR is creating a service that is based on the needs of its clientele – Young People!
When: First Tuesday of every month starting October (training in September)
Duration: 2 hours between 6pm-8pm
Location: The Station.
- 2-5 hours max over the month – for the meeting, plus some time for fulfilling action points.
- Attend monthly meeting – you need to be able to attend at least 7 of the 12 meetings.
- Attend the induction and training
- Attend one senior trustee meeting – they happen once every 3 months
- Be willing to visit the various OTR projects
What we expect from you
- Commitment – honouring the hours outlined above
- Review standards and to make recommendations for improvements, especially when we carry out the ‘OTR Health Check’
- Enthusiasm for mental health awareness and improvement
- To be active! Contribute in the meetings, help make some key decisions for OTR working with the Chief Executive and voice the wants/needs/discussions from your peers in the meeting
- To take thoughts and ideas from the OTR Advisors meeting to the Trustees and challenging professionals’ views and ideas of young people
- When the opportunity arises, take part in networking events or help with interviews for new staff
- Hold decision-makers in the organisation accountable to the service user’s views
What you can expect from us
- Formal Training Qualifications and ongoing training – depending on what’s available for the staff plus access to training which OTR offers to other organisations.
- Leadership experience
- Fair treatment, with your opinions and contributions are respected and valued – you will be as an adult in the decision-making process of the organisation
- Networking experience
- References/CV Experience
- Social events – meals out e.g. to GBK 🙂
- Travel costs reimbursed
- An awesome bunch of people to work with!
How to apply
To apply please contact Laura Brain (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a short email explaining why you are interested in the role (max 200 words please!)
The deadline for applications is the 9th September. Interviews will take place on the 13th September.
If you have any questions or want to chat about the role please call Laura on 07975 507300.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Fundraising Volunteer to support the Head of Fundraising with all administrative duties required, such as:
- Filing correspondence with donors
- Inputting data from donors onto various databases
- Sending acknowledgement letters
- Various other administrative tasks
To find out more about the role and to arrange a chat please email email@example.com
Off the Record are looking for enthusiastic and innovative volunteers to join a new and exciting 12 month pilot supporting young people aged 11-15 in outreach settings across South Gloucestershire. Applications welcome from counsellors or those in their final year of counselling training desired as well as those with other therapeutic and youth work backgrounds.
Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team you will be responsible for offering 1:1 therapeutic support as well as the possibility of group sessions and sign-posting to children and young people to help build their resilience.
You will receive regular group supervision and ongoing support from a Team Leader and qualified Counsellor. In return we ask that you commit to a minimum of 5 hours/week for a minimum of 6 months.
If interested please send your CV with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer voluntary opportunities for both qualified and student practitioners! You can expect to play a full part in the OTR experience for young people so you will need to be able to commit to at least five hours per week.
Please note, this is a competitive process and you will at least need to be in the third/final year of a recognised professional qualification. Experience working directly with young people in a related capacity is also an advantage. We provide regular in-house multi-disciplinary group supervision as well as training and expenses.
Here at OTR we really do embrace diversity, so we’re less interested in your theoretical orientation than your ability to build relationships with young people. All our volunteers work within our city centre service, which runs six days a week and offers brief interventions.
We especially welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic counsellors/students, and those able to work with children (11-13) as well as young people.
You can apply at any time, just fill out the form below, tell us when you are available to volunteer (tick all the boxes that apply) and attach your CV. Before you do that though we recommend you read our Volunteer Terms of Engagement so you know what to expect from your time with us – and what we will expect from you. Once we receive your application we’ll be in touch when vacancies arise that match your availability to arrange an interview with one of the team.
*** Our Thursday team in the city centre are looking for applications from creative practitioners with experience delivering psycho educational groups with a range of people. You will be committed to social justice and equality, and passionate about working with young people.
You will be confident in running small groups, and will be able to lead a range of short courses in mindfulness, psycho education and/or self care.
You will need to be able to commit one day a week (Thursdays) for a minimum of six months. To apply please follow the instructions above put but a note in the contact form you are interested in ‘Thursday group work.’
Volunteer Terms of Engagement