We run a monthly Book Club for 16-25 year olds which, in collaboration with Give a Book, provides free books to keep and discuss.
The OTR Book Club is a safe place for young people to gather and meet like-minded book-lovers, as well as read titles they may not have previously considered.
Each month we each select three book choices and run a Doodle Poll to vote for our top choice.
🗓 Last Monday of every month
📍 Foyles bookshop, Cabot Circus
📝 Read Yasmin’s story
Book Club is part of an idea at OTR called ‘Inspiration Works’…
At Inspiration Works we believe that finding activities you enjoy and connecting with people is essential in supporting your emotional health. All the activities we run are free and there’s no need to book – just turn up. They’re supported by regular and experienced volunteers and staff, within a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
We get told a lot that our groups are a lovely place to be, to try something new and to give time to yourself. Coming to Inspiration Works can have lots of benefits for your mental health. You can:
- Express yourself and your feelings
- Relax – which reduces stress and helps you feel more calm
- Grow in self-esteem and confidence as you take part in something you enjoy
- Have your skills recognised and developed
- Gain a sense of belonging and connect with other young people